Fear has no place in the lives of believers. Sure, it tries to sneak in at every turn—your health, your family, your safety and possessions, but it doesn’t belong. Satan knows it, but he’ll always try to get you to take the bait. He’ll use things like bad reports, discouraging thoughts, a negative word from a co-worker or family member, and unpleasant circumstances to get you out of faith and in fear.
The good news is, you can defeat fear and experience the peace of God. Fear doesn’t have to be part of your life anymore, but it’s going to take an active fight to keep it from taking hold of your thoughts. Are you ready to take a stand against fear?
Start meditating upon and speaking these 10 scriptures to defeat fear for good:
- “Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.” –Deuteronomy 31:6
- “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.” –Isaiah 41:10
- “The Lord is my light and my salvation—so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?” –Psalm 27:1
- “Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.” –Psalm 55:22
- “The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe.” –Proverbs 29:25, NKJV
- “Do not be afraid; only believe.” –Mark 5:36, NKJV
- “Don’t worry about anything; instead pray about everything.” –Philippians 4:6
- “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” –2 Timothy 1:7, NKJV
- “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.” –1 John 4:18, NKJV
- “He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, ‘Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.’” –Revelation 1:17, NKJV